Elucidation of Norton Security Error Code 8504, 104
Norton Security is must for online protection but at times its performance gets diminished because of error messages. One such common error of Norton antivirus is “8504, 104”. There are different reasons behind this error, to analyze the exact cause you need to connect with experts on Norton Support Number UK.
• Some malware is stopping the software.
• There is another antivirus program installed in your device.
• Broken Norton installation.
• Some Norton file is missing.
To rectify this error you can follow the given steps in a correct manner.
Step 1: Download and Run Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
• Download Norton Remove and Reinstall tool from Norton website and save it on the desktop.
• Then double-click the downloaded file to run the tool.
• Read the license agreement and click Agree to proceed further.
• After that click Advanced Options and then “Remove Only”.
Now click “Remove” and lastly, click “Restart Now”.
Remember: If you have Norton Family installed in your device then these steps won’t work, so first uninstall it and then use this tool.
After restarting, you can follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall your antivirus program, although if these steps doesn’t work then continue with next solution.
Step 2: Uninstall any other antivirus program
• Open Control panel and then click on Program and Features.
• From the list of installed program, select the non-Symantec security product.
• Click “Uninstall” or “Remove”
• Follow the on-screen prompts to complete un-installation.
• Finally, restart your computer.
In case, if the error still persists then you can also try the next solution.
Step 3: Update the video graphic driver
• Press Windows + R and type devmgmt.msc in the run box, then press Enter.
• You will see the “device Manager” window where you need to double-click on Display Adaptor.
• Now right-click on HD Graphic card and then go to Properties.
• On the Driver tab, verify whether your graphic card driver is updated or not.
• If it is outdated then please update it to resolve the issue or install the latest version of graphic card.
• Restart your computer and cross check if the issue is resolved or not.
If you still have any query about your Norton product then feel free to connect with us on our Norton Installation UK based helpline.